Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()

From: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Date: 2012-12-19 22:19:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> It stalled because the patch author decided not to implement the
> request to detect recovery.conf in data directory, which allows
> backwards compatibility.

Well, I don't think we had agreement on how important backwards compatibility for recovery.conf was, particularly not on the whole recovery.conf/recovery.done functionality and the wierd formatting of recovery.conf.

However, with "include_if_exists" directives in postgresql.conf, or "include_dir", that would be easy to work around. Don't we have something like that planned for SET PERSISTENT?

--Josh Berkus