Re: php with postgres

From: marcus(dot)boerger(at)t-online(dot)de (Marcus Brger)
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, ivan <iv(at)psycho(dot)pl>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Marcus Brger <marcus(dot)boerger(at)t-online(dot)de>
Subject: Re: php with postgres
Date: 2003-07-14 21:10:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Jan,

Sunday, July 13, 2003, 1:22:09 PM, you wrote:

JW> Joe Conway wrote:
>> ivan wrote:
>>> ok, but php should build this lang for postgres i think
>>> so, we should talk with php group ?
>>
>> I have been talking with several people about this on-and-off for a
>> while now. If I can find some time in the next few months, I will
>> probably write it (if no one beats me to it). I'm thinking that it
>> should be written using Postgres 7.5devel (once 7.4 stable is branched)
>> and PHP5 (which is in alpha/early-beta testing).

JW> I had been briefly talking with Marcus Boerger (included in CC) from the
JW> PHP team about it. He knows the PHP5 SAPI embed well. Can you include
JW> him into the team (if not already)?

JW> From what I know about this SAPI I think the PL/Tcl implementation
JW> would be a good point to start from, as it looks very similar with
JW> respect to the possibilities.

JW> Jan

Hello all,

Nice to hear from you all :-)

I met Bruce during LinuxTag fair/conference here in germany and talked to him
about this plan. I subscribed to the essential mailing lists right now but i am
not yet a member of the postgres dev team. However i will give have a deeper look
during next weekend or the next week. So that i can tell more in a few days.

Apart from that you may bug me with postgres/php bugs since it seems i am
current php's ext/pgsql maintainer.

Best regards,
Marcus mailto:marcus(dot)boerger(at)post(dot)rwth-aachen(dot)de