Re: Transaction-Overflow

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pingu(dot)freak(at)web(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transaction-Overflow
Date: 2007-08-07 14:33:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

pingu(dot)freak(at)web(dot)de writes:
> i've a problem with my postgresql database (v8.1.5-13 on opensuse 10.2). Th=
> e database transaction
> limit is running over and postgres does a restart.

I don't read German well, but as far as I can see there is nothing in
what you posted that suggests a transaction wraparound issue. Something
crashed, clearly, but whatever evidence the log might have about why is
up above what you posted --- all of this looks like a standard crash
recovery cycle.

> Theres a little fault in the log output (fms instead of fsm!), is this alre=
> ady changed in the actual
> version?

Seems to be fixed in CVS HEAD, I didn't check the back branches.