Privileges to sequences?

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Privileges to sequences?
Date: 2008-08-08 14:48:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I've had trouble several times when granting permissions on tables
when I had not also granted permission to the sequence. The
sequences may only have select, insert, and usage privileges. I can
guess that when I grant select privileges on a table, I need to grant
select privileges to the sequence and I can guess that if I grant
insert privileges to a table I need to grant the insert privilege to
the sequence. I don't know when to usage and I don't know what
privileges, if any, I need to grant to the sequence if I'm going to
give delete, update, or references privileges on the tables.

Thanks,
Carol