Re: strange error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange error
Date: 2005-10-10 15:10:51
Lists: pgsql-general

"Sim Zacks" <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il> writes:
> I am receiving the following error and cannot understand what it means.
> Please let me know if this makes sense to you.

> ERROR: could not open relation 1663/3364852/7973197: No such file or
> directory
> CONTEXT: SQL statement "create temporary table tmpcust as select a.* from
> qry_Customers_Country a"
> PL/pgSQL function "buildsrtemptables" line 34 at execute statement

That's pretty darn odd. Is qry_Customers_Country a temp table, plain
table, view, or what? What PG version is this exactly, running on what
platform? When the error happens, can you find any row in pg_class with
relfilenode equal to the third number mentioned (7973197 above), and if
so what table is it?