Re: PQexecParams and CURSOR

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Laurent Marzullo" <laurent(dot)marzullo(at)atosorigin(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQexecParams and CURSOR
Date: 2005-01-17 15:59:56
Lists: pgsql-general

"Laurent Marzullo" <laurent(dot)marzullo(at)atosorigin(dot)com> writes:
> Ok so here is the full TEST program I try to run:

I think you are running into an issue that was fixed during the 8.0
development cycle. From the CVS logs:

Allow DECLARE CURSOR to take parameters from the portal in which it
is executed. Previously, the DECLARE would succeed but subsequent
FETCHes would fail since the parameter values supplied to DECLARE
were not propagated to the portal created for the cursor. In
support of this, add type Oids to ParamListInfo entries, which
seems like a good idea anyway since code that extracts a value can
double-check that it got the type of value it was expecting.
Oliver Jowett, with minor editorialization by Tom Lane.

So what you are trying to do will work in 8.0 but not in 7.4.