Re: Transposing a table

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: ravi shankar <ravi2082(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transposing a table
Date: 2005-02-24 12:20:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

This seems like a relatively straightforward thing to do in pl/perl,
though I don't have time to write code right now. Also, I think this
could be done easily with pl/R, as R has a transpose command. Of
course, if you want to store it back into the database, there will be
some table creation issues.

However, how big is your table? How many times are you going to do
this operation? Could this be done on the client side or even use
Excel or something like that to do the transpose?

Sean