meson vs. llvm bitcode files

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: meson vs. llvm bitcode files
Date: 2024-09-05 08:56:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The meson build currently does not produce llvm bitcode (.bc) files.
AFAIK, this is the last major regression for using meson for production
builds.

Is anyone working on that? I vaguely recall that some in-progress code
was shared a couple of years ago, but I haven't seen anything since. It
would be great if we could collect any existing code and notes to maybe
get this moving again.