[Patch] Fix Unicode in errmsg

From: "Magnun Leno (Pessoal)" <magnun(dot)leno(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [Patch] Fix Unicode in errmsg
Date: 2016-07-06 18:55:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi All,

Just a small patch to fix server addition/connection errors when using
non-ascii languages (pt_BR in my case). I haven't delved enough into the
codebase to be sure, but there might be more occurrences of errmsg that
need decoding from ASCII to UTF-8.

Is there any plans to port PgAdmin4 to Python3, since Python 2 will only
be maintained until 2020? Python 3 support was added in Flask 0.10 and,
as mentioned in the Flask Docs, "Most libraries and Flask extensions
have been ported by now and using Flask with Python 3 is generally a
smooth ride.".

Thanks for this amazing piece of software.

--
Magnun Leno

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_unicode_pgadmin4.patch.tar.bz2 application/x-bzip 713 bytes