is cfbot's apply aging intentional?

From: er(at)xs4all(dot)nl
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com" <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: is cfbot's apply aging intentional?
Date: 2021-03-06 14:00:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I was looking at the 'Catalog version access' patch, by Vik Fearing. I saw a succesful build by the cfbot but I could not build one here. Only then did I notice that the last apply of the patches by cfbot was on 3769e11 which is the 3rd march, some 10 commits ago.

There have been no new patches; one of the patches does not apply anymore. But it's not reported on the cfbot page.

Is that the way it's supposed to be? I would have thought there was a regular schedule (hourly? 3-hourly? daily?) when all patches were taken for re-apply, and re-build, so that when a patch stops applying/building/whatever it can be seen on the cfbot page.

Maybe I'm just mistaken, and the cfbot is supposed to only rebuild when there is a new patch. That would be kind-of logical too, although I for one would prefer a more continuous building.

Can you tell me what is the intention at the moment? Is this a cfbot bug -- or just me being inadequately informed? ;)

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers