Re: BUG #16547: ECPG can't CALL the procedure which has INOUT parameter

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, egashira(dot)yusuke(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16547: ECPG can't CALL the procedure which has INOUT parameter
Date: 2020-08-22 15:52:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> > Also, I found the patch[1] introducing "INTO" clause in CALL of
> > ECPG.
> > However, the patch changes the EXC SQL CALL statement to always
> > require INTO
> > clause.
> >
> > [1]
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAE9k0P%3DGQFjfy9jHCPDw4Eh_xE%3DNw%3D9y4f-CuTZp1L%2B6vEHwFg%40mail.gmail.com
>
> This looks like something we should either fix or document. Michael
> Meskes, do you have an opinion?

Yes, I think it should definitely be fixed. In fact I was looking into
it and iirc the patch mentioned had a couple issues but could be a good
base for the fix. Unfortunately I have not found the time yet to take
care of it.

So in short, hopefully we can fix it shortly.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De