Re: Pending trigger events on ALTER TABLE in 8.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Reuven M(dot) Lerner" <reuven(at)lerner(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pending trigger events on ALTER TABLE in 8.3
Date: 2011-08-01 20:47:57
Lists: pgsql-general

"Reuven M. Lerner" <reuven(at)lerner(dot)co(dot)il> writes:
> Hi, everyone. Tom wrote:
>> Exactly what it says: not-yet-processed trigger events for the table.
>> If you don't have any explicit triggers on the table, maybe they are
>> FOREIGN KEY implementation triggers. It's hard to say more than that
>> when you haven't shown us any of the DDL.

> Sorry; I'm enclosing the table definition below.

Um ... I don't see anything about RecipeNumericParameterSnapshot here.

> We're not modifying any columns that have constraints or foreign keys.

Are they *referenced* by other tables' foreign keys? But in any case,
the issue isn't about ALTER TABLE in itself, it's that some preceding
uncommitted operation had left some trigger events (read: FK conditions
that need to be verified). Doesn't matter which columns those might be
on.