Re: [HACKERS] TODO list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] TODO list
Date: 2000-01-17 08:08:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:
>> Does this mean the abstime/reltime types or all of them? I thought the
>> former were deprecated anyway.

> abstime should probably be considered deprecated as a user type, but
> it is still used extensively internally and within the tuple
> structure. I'd be reluctant to wholesale replace it with
> timestamp/datetime, since that will take 8 bytes per value rather than
> 4.

I was meaning to ask you which of the date/time types are going to be
left standing when the dust settles. (I know you've said, but the
archives are so messed up right now that I can't find it.)

Timestamp is the only remaining standard type without an array type,
and if it's not going to be deprecated then it ought to have one...