Re: commitfest.postgresql.org Specify thread msgid does not work for pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org Specify thread msgid does not work for pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2024-10-21 09:49:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Oct-21, jian he wrote:

> hi.
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/50/new/#
> won't work for messages from pgsql-bugs
> <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>.
>
> recently, I try to register an entry for
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/tencent_BAB00BBF45A08D941DF8290D9533941BB807%40qq.com
> but cannot.
>
> see picture attached.

You need to use the Message-Id only, without the URL part of it, so it
has to start with "tencent". Also, the %40 needs to be an @ sign. The
@ is converted to %40 because of URL-encoding, but that's not the real
message-id.

I guess it would be helpful if the commitfest app can read a URL to a
mailing list post and reverse-engineer the message-id from it ... maybe
you'd have to propose a patch to this:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgcommitfest2.git;a=blob;f=pgcommitfest/commitfest/views.py;h=2c21cd3d623d86a6fc8a0f639ab127ece520eacf;hb=refs/heads/master#l387

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/