Re: CREATE INDEX regression in 17 RC1 or expected behavior?

From: Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Dunstan <tom(at)tomd(dot)cc>, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE INDEX regression in 17 RC1 or expected behavior?
Date: 2024-10-11 07:53:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 26 Sep 2024 14:21:27 +0900
Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Sep 2024 13:27:54 +0930
> Tom Dunstan <tom(at)tomd(dot)cc> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Sept 2024 at 13:21, Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> >
> > > By the way, this is not mentioned in CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
> > > documentation, although
> > > we can find in REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW doc. So, I sent the doc patch in
> > > [1],
> > > and create a commitfest entry [2].
> > >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > I suggest adding CREATE INDEX and CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW to the release
> > notes list of commands, as I looked for CREATE INDEX there and only raised
> > this due to its absence.
>
> I've proposed to improve the release notes to include CREATE INDEX and
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW into the command list.
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20240926141921.57d0b430fa53ac4389344847%40sraoss.co.jp

Committed in 7e059fb6c0.
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=7e059fb6c04e76b712a5a92de8c62e56f42e1bbf;hp=a3c4a91f1e283cc4b79f0b0482d2c490a599d880

It is not applied to the web (yet?), though.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/release-17.html

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>