Re: Remove unlogged materialized view persistence handling

From: Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: px shi <spxlyy123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remove unlogged materialized view persistence handling
Date: 2024-10-11 03:27:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 11 Oct 2024 10:35:17 +0800
px shi <spxlyy123(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since materialized views do not support the unlogged type, I think that we
> should remove the logic and handling related to unlogged. Therefore, I have
> submitted a patch.

+1

Materialized view is introduced by 3bf3ab8c563 and at that UNLOGGED was
allowed, and it is disallowed by another commit 3223b25ff73. However,
it seems that the tab-complement is missed to fixed.

The Assert for RELKIND_MATVIEW in heapam_hander.c was introduced in d25f519107b
after that, but I think it can be also removed.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>