Re: Doc: typo in config.sgml

From: Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, daniel(at)yesql(dot)se, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Doc: typo in config.sgml
Date: 2024-10-11 02:41:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 10 Oct 2024 16:00:41 +0900 (JST)
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> > Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:
> >> Can we use Unicode in the SGML files?
> >
> > I believe we've been doing it for contributors' names that require
> > non-ASCII letters, but not in any other places.
>
> We have non-ASCII letters in charset.sgml too, to show some examples
> of collation.

We can check non-ASCII letters SGML/XML files by preparing "allowlist"
that contains lines which are allowed to have non-ascii characters,
although this list will need to be maintained when lines in it are modified.
I've attached a patch to add a simple Perl script to do this.

During testing this script, I found "stylesheet-man.xsl" also has non-ascii
characters. I don't know these characters are really necessary though, since
I don't understand this file well.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Doc-Add-check-to-detect-non-ASCII-characters.patch text/x-diff 3.2 KB