Re: BUG #18628: Race condition during attach/detach partition breaks constraints of partition having foreign key

From: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Tender Wang <tndrwang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18628: Race condition during attach/detach partition breaks constraints of partition having foreign key
Date: 2024-09-25 12:55:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 24 Sep 2024 21:10:48 +0800
Tender Wang <tndrwang(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> 于2024年9月24日周二 20:00写道:
>
> > 24.09.2024 14:23, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > I suspect this is the same problem that was reported by Jehan-Guillaume
> > > de Rorthais, for which there are two patches proposed, his and mine:
> > >
> > > [1] https://postgr.es/m/202408072250.2c4fkhwf56lk@alvherre.pgsql
> > > [2] https://postgr.es/m/20240905005728.0836d609@karst
> > >
> > > I haven't looked at his patch, but I suspect it's better than mine on
> > > maintainability grounds. I think his code causes more catalog churn,
> > > though perhaps we don't care too much about that in this particular
> >
> > Yes, v2-0001-Rework-foreign-key-....patch works for me — the partition
> > detached with no error.

I just sent the v3 set of patchs, rebased against head (it was conflicting with
new temporal FK).
See: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20240925144240.2b579a27%40karst

Testing your scenario against current head fails.
Testing your scenario against the v3 set of patchs doesn't show the error.

Regards,