Re: Add memory/disk usage for WindowAgg nodes in EXPLAIN

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com, ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com, orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com, jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add memory/disk usage for WindowAgg nodes in EXPLAIN
Date: 2024-09-18 12:12:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Thanks. I have added it and pushed the patch.

So I have created patches to do the same for CTE scan and table
function scan node. Patch attached.

Actually there's one more executor node type that uses tuplestore:
recursive union (used in "with recursive"). The particular node type
uses two tuplestore and we cannot simply apply tuplestore_get_stats()
to the node type. We need to modify RecursiveUnionState to track the
maximum tuplestore usage. I am not sure this would be worth the
effort. Opinion?

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS K.K.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Add-memory-disk-usage-for-CTE-scan-and-table-func.patch text/x-patch 5.2 KB