Re: Add memory/disk usage for WindowAgg nodes in EXPLAIN

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com, dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com, orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com, jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add memory/disk usage for WindowAgg nodes in EXPLAIN
Date: 2024-09-17 02:40:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Not sure if there's any way to force it in the SQL standard. However
> in term of implementation, PostgreSQL sorts the function
> (generate_series) scan result using a sort key "a.n < 3", which
> results in rows being >= 2 first (as false == 0), then rows being < 3
> (as true == 1). So unless PostgreSQL changes the way to sort boolean
> data type, I think the result should be stable.

Attached is the v5 patch. The difference from v4 is addtion of two
more tests to explain.sql:

1) spils to disk case
2) splis to disk then switch back to memory case

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS K.K.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Add-memory-disk-usage-for-Window-aggregate-nodes-.patch text/x-patch 8.0 KB