Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Jim Jones <jim(dot)jones(at)uni-muenster(dot)de>
Cc: Hunaid Sohail <hunaidpgml(at)gmail(dot)com>, Maiquel Grassi <grassi(at)hotmail(dot)com(dot)br>, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Imseih (AWS), Sami" <simseih(at)amazon(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Date: 2024-09-10 16:16:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Sep-10, Jim Jones wrote:

> Is \conninfo+ no longer supposed to return the results in tabular form?
> At least it wasn't the case till v28.

I suspect the reason it's no longer a table is that it was previously a
query (which is easily printed as a table by calling printQuery) and now
it's just a client-side thing, and Hunaid didn't know how to handle that
as a table. The good news is, it should be really easy to do
printTableInit(), then a bunch of printTableAddHeader() and
printTableAddCell(), end with printTable(). I think the tabular format
is better for sure.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La primera ley de las demostraciones en vivo es: no trate de usar el sistema.