Re: BUG #18559: Crash after detaching a partition concurrently from another session

From: Alvaro Herrera from 2ndQuadrant <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tender Wang <tndrwang(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18559: Crash after detaching a partition concurrently from another session
Date: 2024-08-12 18:24:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2024-Aug-10, Junwang Zhao wrote:

> > IIUC, a simple fix would be to retry if an entry is not found. Attached a patch.
>
> I can reproduce the issue, and the patch LGTM.

Interesting issue, thanks for reporting and putting together a
reproducer. I have added some comments to the proposed patch, so here's
a v2 for it. I'm going to write a commit message for it and push to all
branches since 14.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La experiencia nos dice que el hombre peló millones de veces las patatas,

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Fix-creation-of-partition-descriptor-during-concu.patch text/x-diff 2.9 KB