Re: re-novice coming back to pgsql: porting an SQLite update statement to postgres

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Dan Kortschak <dan+pgsql(at)kortschak(dot)io>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: re-novice coming back to pgsql: porting an SQLite update statement to postgres
Date: 2024-07-23 20:11:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 15 Jul 2024 20:31:13 +0000
Dan Kortschak <dan+pgsql(at)kortschak(dot)io> wrote:

> My question is where would be the best place for me to looks to learn
> about how to implement a port of this SQLite? and what would broadly be
> the most sensible approach to take (to narrow down what I need to read
> through in learning)?

This is the goto page for anything SQL :
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-commands.html

For DateTime types :
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datatype-datetime.html

For JSON types :
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datatype-json.html

If your query works in SQLite, all you have to do is read those, and try to port; if it fails, read them again. Also search the archives of the pgsql-general list, many answers in there

--
Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://compta.libremen.com
Logiciel libre de comptabilité générale en partie double