Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Date: 2024-05-20 11:41:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-May-19, Tom Lane wrote:

> (The cfbot tends to discourage this, since as soon as one of the
> patches is committed it no longer knows how to apply the rest.
> Can we improve on that tooling somehow?)

I think a necessary next step to further improve the cfbot is to get it
integrated in pginfra. Right now it runs somewhere in Thomas's servers
or something, and there's no real integration with the commitfest proper
except by scraping.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La libertad es como el dinero; el que no la sabe emplear la pierde" (Alvarez)