Re: nested <a> tags in glossary entries in html docs

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
Cc: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>, Anton Voloshin <a(dot)voloshin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: nested <a> tags in glossary entries in html docs
Date: 2024-04-25 17:35:55
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 2024-Apr-25, Jürgen Purtz wrote:

> Great recommendation. I may have time in the second half of June to
> pursue the migration further. There is  a performance problem, which
> possibly results from our XSLT script that optimizes the
> transformation-speed and works well in 4.x.

Maybe a way to study this is to time a run with those speedups removed
and see if the timing with DocBook 5.2 matches. If it does, that's a
sign that forward-porting the speedup tweaks may be worthwhile.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"On the other flipper, one wrong move and we're Fatal Exceptions"