Re: AIX support

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: Sriram RK <sriram(dot)rk(at)outlook(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AIX support
Date: 2024-03-29 02:48:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:09:43AM +0000, Sriram RK wrote:
> We are setting up the build environment and trying to build the source and also trying to analyze the assert from the Aix point of view.

The thread Alvaro and Tom cited contains an analysis. It's a compiler bug.
You can get past the compiler bug by upgrading your compiler; both ibm-clang
17.1.1.2 and gcc 13.2.0 are free from the bug.

> Also, would like to know if we can access the buildfarm(power machines) to run any of the specific tests to hit this assert.

https://portal.cfarm.net/users/new/ is the form to request access. It lists
the eligibility criteria.