Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org
Cc: x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru, dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com, tndrwang(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Date: 2024-02-29 04:04:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:33:18 +0100, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote in
> Here's the complete set, with these two names using the singular.

The commit by the second patch added several GUC descriptions:

> Sets the size of the dedicated buffer pool used for the commit timestamp cache.

Some of them, commit_timestamp_buffers, transaction_buffers,
subtransaction_buffers use 0 to mean auto-tuning based on
shared-buffer size. I think it's worth adding an extra_desc such as "0
to automatically determine this value based on the shared buffer
size".

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi