Re: Running the fdw test from the terminal crashes into the core-dump

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alena Rybakina <a(dot)rybakina(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Running the fdw test from the terminal crashes into the core-dump
Date: 2024-02-21 16:53:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Feb-20, Tom Lane wrote:

> > So, this means we can fix this by simply requiring ACL_SELECT privileges
> > on a DO NOTHING action. We don't need to request specific privileges on
> > any particular column (perminfo->selectedCols continues to be the empty
> > set) -- which means that any role that has privileges on *any* column
> > would get a pass.
>
> LGTM.

Thanks for looking!

After having pushed that, I wonder if we should document this. It seems
quite the minor thing, but I'm sure somebody will complain if we don't.
I propose the attached. (Extra context so that the full paragraph can
be read from the comfort of your email program.)

(While at it, I found the placement of the previous-to-last sentence in
that paragraph rather strange, so I moved it to the end.)

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Sallah, I said NO camels! That's FIVE camels; can't you count?"

Attachment Content-Type Size
mergepriv-doc.patch text/x-diff 2.0 KB