Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

From: Sutou Kouhei <kou(at)clear-code(dot)com>
To: michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz
Cc: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com, zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com, andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net, nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Date: 2024-02-09 04:19:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In <ZcMIDgkdSrz5ibvf(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
"Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Wed, 7 Feb 2024 13:33:18 +0900,
Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> Hmm. That explains why I was not seeing any differences with this
> callback then. It seems to me that the order of actions to take is
> clear, like:
> - Revert 2889fd23be56 to keep a clean state of the tree, now done with
> 1aa8324b81fa.

Done.

> - Dive into the strlen() issue, as it really looks like this can
> create more simplifications for the patch discussed on this thread
> with COPY TO.

Done: b619852086ed2b5df76631f5678f60d3bebd3745

> - Revisit what we have here, looking at more profiles to see how HEAD
> an v13 compare. It looks like we are on a good path, but let's tackle
> things one step at a time.

Are you already working on this? Do you want me to write the
next patch based on the current master?

Thanks,
--
kou