Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

From: Sutou Kouhei <kou(at)clear-code(dot)com>
To: zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com, andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Date: 2024-01-26 08:32:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In <CAEG8a3+-oG63GeG6v0L8EWi_8Fhuj9vJBhOteLxuBZwtun3GVA(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
"Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:18:14 +0800,
Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> In the current implementation, there is no way that one can check
> incompatibility
> options in ProcessCopyOptions, we can postpone the check in CopyFromStart
> or CopyToStart, but I think it is a little bit late. Do you think
> adding an extra
> check for incompatible options hook is acceptable (PFA)?

Thanks for the suggestion! But I think that a custom handler
can do it in
CopyToProcessOption()/CopyFromProcessOption(). What do you
think about this? Or could you share a sample COPY TO/FROM
WITH() SQL you think?

Thanks,
--
kou