Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, juha(dot)mustonen(at)iki(dot)fi, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
Date: 2023-11-22 17:26:45
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 2023-Nov-22, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> I think the example had best be at "8.5.2. Date/Time Output", in
> doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml around line 2552.

Actually, isn't that a strange location? Chapter 8.5.2 is about the
datatype itself, and there's already a cross-link to Section 9.8 for
to_char() stuff. Since this is to_char() that the example wants to add,
I think the to_char reference is a more appropriate place -- probably
table "9.31 to_char Examples".

(While scrolling the 9.6 version of this page[1] I noticed that, in dark
mode, the <caution> box becomes unreadable because of white text on
yellowish background. Not sure what's an appropriate fix for that, if
any; current versions don't have that problem. Maybe it's better to
leave it alone.)

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/functions-formatting.html

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Porque francamente, si para saber manejarse a uno mismo hubiera que