Re: BUG #18002: Duplicate entries of row possible even after having primary key

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: ajinkya(dot)tankhiwale(at)tcs(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18002: Duplicate entries of row possible even after having primary key
Date: 2023-06-27 20:36:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On 2023-06-27 11:03:16 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Bug reference: 18002
> Logged by: Ajinkya Tankhiwale
> Email address: ajinkya(dot)tankhiwale(at)tcs(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 14.7
> Operating system: RHEL 8.8
>
> We migrated from 13.7 to 14.7 recently, in current data setup, we say that
> duplicate records are present in table even after primary key. I see that in
> the past, same issue was reported and possible solution was to run full
> vacuum or re-index. We tried both, but still able to enter duplicate
> records.
>
> This is blocker for us and would like to have solution for this as soon as
> possible.

You haven't provided information that'd allow us to debug the issue. At the
very least we'd need table + index definition and the inserts that are allowed
to happen despite being duplicates. Even better would be a way to reproduce
the issue.

You said that you migrated from 13.7 to 14.7 recently - did you also change
your OS version?

Greetings,

Andres Freund