Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro
Date: 2023-02-07 12:29:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Does is make sense to change make_etags as the attached patch does?
> This allows make_etags to use etags if Exuberant-type ctags is not
> available. This allows users to use make_etags if hey has either
> Exuberant-type ctags or etags.

The patch drops support for "-n" option :-<

Attached is the patch by fixing make_ctags (make_etags is not
touched).

If Exuberant-type ctags is available, use it (not changed).
If Exuberant-type ctags is not available, try old ctags (not changed).
If the old ctags does not support "-e" option, try etags (new).
If etags is not available, give up (new).

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS LLC