Re: Italian translations being dropped for 15

From: Álvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Domenico Sgarbossa <sbraaaa(at)yahoo(dot)it>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Italian translations being dropped for 15
Date: 2022-10-11 16:07:31
Lists: pgsql-translators

On 2022-Oct-07, Domenico Sgarbossa wrote:

> Ok,  I'll go through!
> I would suspect that the problem's of alignment should arise, sorry for that :-(
> To be honest looking at the original label I cannot understand if rules are defined for that case..
> could you give me some hints about that?

There are no strict rules. Just run each of the programs with the
--help option, and make sure that the output looks reasonable.

Some translators stick to 80 characters per line (splitting the line if
too long), others let lines run long. Most keep the same alignment
column as in the original language, but this is not a requirement
either.

psql also has:
psql --help=variables
psql --help=commands
I'm not aware of others.

Spanish has quite a mess, I now realize :-(

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Las cosas son buenas o malas segun las hace nuestra opinión" (Lisias)