Re: pgsql: Doc: Explain about Column List feature.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <akapila(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Doc: Explain about Column List feature.
Date: 2022-09-15 16:11:42
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Sep-15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Looking at the rendered docs again, I notice that section "31.4.5.
> Combining Multiple Column Lists" is *only* the red-tinted Warning block.
> That seems quite odd. I am tempted to remove the sect2 heading for that
> one too.

Pushed. I didn't modify this part; I spent too much time looking at it
trying to figure out how to do it. I think this bit really belongs in
the CREATE/ALTER docs rather than this chapter. But in order to support
having a separate <para> for the restriction on combination, we need a
separate <varlistentry> for the column_name parameter. So I'm going to
edit that one and I'll throw this change in.

Thanks, Peter, for the discussion.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Pensar que el espectro que vemos es ilusorio no lo despoja de espanto,