Re: Georgian translation - initial

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Temuri Doghonadze <temuri(dot)doghonadze(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Georgian translation - initial
Date: 2022-07-08 19:54:45
Lists: pgsql-translators

On 2022-Jul-08, Temuri Doghonadze wrote:

> Quick question. How does it work with different types of output? Is
> %Ns for "%s" only or does it apply to all kind of printf output?

It applies to all of them. You need to match the type used for each
argument. This is probably documented somewhere ... ah, right:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/nls-translator.html#id-1.10.7.2.6

Also, I think if you use the $ designator for any argument in a message,
then all arguments have to use it in that message. This appears in the
printf(3) manpage, at least glibc's.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/