Re: what is the solution like oracle DB's datafile

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yudianto Prasetyo <mr(dot)yudianto(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: what is the solution like oracle DB's datafile
Date: 2022-01-30 13:23:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Please keep the list in copy and don't top post here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists#Email_etiquette_mechanics

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 08:18:15PM +0700, Yudianto Prasetyo wrote:

> what is the function of adding a new tablespace if we will only fill data
> in table color and HDD1 is full? can't we fill the data in table color
> because it still refers to the old tablespace ( small_data on HDD 1 not in
> the new tablespace on HDD 2 )

You can move some of the tables and/or indexes on the new tablespace to free
some space on the old one, see e.g.:

- ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-altertable.html
- ALTER INDEX ... SET TABLESPACE: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-alterindex.html