Re: List all tables from a specific database

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Flaviu2 <flaviu2(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Ray O'Donnell <ray(at)rodonnell(dot)ie>, Thomas Boussekey <thomas(dot)boussekey(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: List all tables from a specific database
Date: 2022-01-14 12:26:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 12:19:28PM +0000, Flaviu2 wrote:
> Thanks a lot.
> Maybe I am not far from a solving solution. So, if I create a database, lets say (SQL script):
> CREATE database mydb3;
> How can I create a table under mydb3 ? Because, if I run:
> SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE relkind = 'r';
>
> Got me all tables, but I don't know the database under were created.

On postgres all relations, functions and so on are specific to a specific
database, and only accessible when connected on that specific database.

So if you want to create a table in mydb3, or see the list of tables in that
database, you need to connect to mydb3.

If needed, you can get the current database with the current_database()
function, e.g.:

=# SELECT current_database();
current_database
postgres