Re: Can we use sql language to create a function in Postgres?

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
To: Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can we use sql language to create a function in Postgres?
Date: 2022-01-05 11:34:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 11:22:34AM +0000, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> If so, can we use Oracle SQL script in DO block?
>
> Does this mean that all Oracle SQL can be used in Postgres?

I highly doubt that.
But - I used oracle last time like 2 years ago, so the only thing I can
tell you: TRY.
instead of asking if "something vague wll work" just try. it will work,
or not work, but I can't guess what you have in this "oracle sql" and
whether this particular bit of sql will be cross-plaftorm enough to
execute (or even parse) in pg.

depesz