Re: pgsql: Report progress of startup operations that take a long time.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Report progress of startup operations that take a long time.
Date: 2021-10-29 21:23:06
Lists: pgsql-committers

On 2021-Oct-25, Robert Haas wrote:

> Report progress of startup operations that take a long time.

I noticed that the docs for this don't mention the default value and how
can it be changed. I propose something like the attached, where I also
change the order of things so that the example is in a separate
paragraph and the reference blurb is all together.

I was also going to complain that this failed to keep the alphabetical
order of the entries, but there was quite a mess already before this
patch, so I'd rather not get into that.

--
Álvaro Herrera Valdivia, Chile — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"World domination is proceeding according to plan" (Andrew Morton)

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Document-default-and-changeability-of-log_startup_pr.patch text/x-diff 1.9 KB