Re: pgsql: Support "postgres -C" with runtime-computed GUCs

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Support "postgres -C" with runtime-computed GUCs
Date: 2021-09-21 06:08:26
Lists: pgsql-committers

Hi,

On 2021-09-21 14:37:05 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > If interesting I can also come up with the necessary steps to activate
> > it in your repo...
>
> That could be helpful. I have never played with those tools.

It's really useful. I'm planning to propose a bit more minimal version
to be included in the repo. Especially things like having automated
backtraces on all platforms is just a huge win during development.

You basically just need to configure the Cirrus extension in github, see
https://cirrus-ci.org/guide/quick-start/

Then include the changes at the top of
https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/tree/pg_checksum_ci_fail in your
tree, and it'll be built and tested (check-world) on
linux/windows/freebsd/osx.

Greetings,

Andres Freund