Re: Slow while inserting and retrieval (compared to SQL Server)

From: "Peter J(dot) Holzer" <hjp-pgsql(at)hjp(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow while inserting and retrieval (compared to SQL Server)
Date: 2021-02-19 14:11:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2021-02-17 12:54:18 +0000, sivapostgres(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
> Yes, that's what I feel. With no records in any tables, working from the same
> machine where PG has been installed, with only one user working, inserting few
> records (10 records in total, in all 6 tables) should not take this much
> time.

How much time is "this much time"? Are we talking a few milliseconds
here? Less? More? Much more?

It's hard to give advice if you don't tell us more than "slower than SQL
server". Please be specific. Use actual numbers.

hp

--
_ | Peter J. Holzer | Story must make more sense than reality.
|_|_) | |
__/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | challenge!"