Re: PostgreSQL on K8 with Operator

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Valeria Kaplan <vk(at)dataegret(dot)com>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, denish(dot)j(dot)patel(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on K8 with Operator
Date: 2020-12-09 16:35:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Greetings,

* Jonathan S. Katz (jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org) wrote:
> On 12/9/20 9:23 AM, Valeria Kaplan wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 1:18 PM Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org
> > <mailto:justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks to Valeria for sending me an invite to the Slack, I've been able
> > join and chat with the PG Slack owner (@denish, CC'd).
> >
> > It turns out there's a specific page we should be sending new people for
> > joining the PG Slack:
> >
> >    https://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com
> > <https://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com>
> >
> > That's an app which generates invites to the PG Slack, and doesn't have
> > restriction on email address. :)
>
> When checking the website[1] it appears that we link to that URL. Is it
> appearing somewhere else on the website where it is not being linked to
> that signup form?

[ ... ]

> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/community/

... should we really be sending people to such a herokuapp site to sign
up? Seems like something we could probably manage to make part of
pg.org, and really should..

Not sure if there's a way for the slack admin to change the URL that
folks on the slack channel see, but if so, that'd be nice to change too,
so that there isn't this confusion in the future. Also seems unlikely
that we need to have that list of domains be associated with the
community slack...? Also leads to confusion.

Thanks,

Stephen