Re: Missing file is mentioned on page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/libpq-exec.html

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(dot)taveira(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, e(dot)indrupskaya(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing file is mentioned on page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/libpq-exec.html
Date: 2020-11-10 23:24:44
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 06:15:29PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:09:58AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Thinking about it from the perspective of someone dealing with an
> >> installation tree not a source tree, maybe the reference should
> >> be to "server/catalog/pg_type_d.h". That might help disabuse
> >> anyone who's expecting to find it at that path in the git tree.
>
> > I am confused what the "server/" prefix means in a path name.
>
> That is the path underneath the installation "include" directory
> at which that file will be found.

Uh, I don't see it:

$ ls -w 80 /usr/local/pgsql/include/
ecpg_config.h libpq pgtypes_date.h server
ecpgerrno.h libpq-events.h pgtypes_error.h sql3types.h
ecpg_informix.h libpq-fe.h pgtypes.h sqlca.h
ecpglib.h pg_config_ext.h pgtypes_interval.h sqlda-compat.h
ecpgtype.h pg_config.h pgtypes_numeric.h sqlda.h
informix pg_config_manual.h pgtypes_timestamp.h sqlda-native.h
internal pg_config_os.h postgres_ext.h

EnterpriseDB https://enterprisedb.com