Re: missing perl test modules in postgresqlXX-devel ?

From: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: missing perl test modules in postgresqlXX-devel ?
Date: 2020-11-10 13:56:27
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 13:57:22 +0800
Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> so apparently the TAP tests aren't built/enabled for any RHEL/CentOS
> versions in -13. The same is true for 10 and up, at least.
>
> That's ... surprising. There's no comment to indicate why.
>
> Git logs suggest the cause is commit 511834297 "Disable tap tests on RHEL
> 7" . I think the package in question is perl-Test-Simple a.k.a
> 'perl(Test::Simple)'.

That's surprising. Grep'ing postgresql source doesn't catch anything about
Test::Simple. TAP tests in PostgreSQL sources rely on Test::More which is part
of the official Perl core modules at least since 5.8.0... Do I miss something?

> It looks like the test should be updated to enable them for RHEL 8 at least.
>
> I don't really feel like wrestling builds for an obsolete OS version to get
> these packaged for EL-7 though.

EL7 is still very popular. A lot of new upgrade/packages are still going to
EL7, at least for maintenance.

Regards,