Re: Understanding bad estimate (related to FKs?)

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>
Cc: Philip Semanchuk <philip(at)americanefficient(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Understanding bad estimate (related to FKs?)
Date: 2020-10-29 01:13:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 11:20:01AM -0600, Michael Lewis wrote:

> > is 896 (multiplied by 1062 loops). I'm confused about two things in this
> > node.

> > contains three expressions --

> Are the columns correlated?

I guess it shouldn't matter, since the FKs should remove all but one of the
conditions.

Maybe you saw this other thread, which I tentatively think also affects your
case (equijoin with nonjoin condition)
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/AM6PR02MB5287A0ADD936C1FA80973E72AB190%40AM6PR02MB5287.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com