Re: Update Old Version Public Keys?

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update Old Version Public Keys?
Date: 2020-06-14 15:28:51
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Re: David E. Wheeler
> Works very well, except for Postgres 13 (and presumably future pre-releases). Is there some incantation I could put into the Dockerfile to permanently configure it to ready from the prerelease repo, too? Sorry for the newb question, I’m only a superficial apt user.

PG13 requires an extra "13" added to the sources.list entry:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_to_try_the_beta_version_of_the_next_PostgreSQL_release

There's a shell script to automate these bits in postgresql-common 204
or newer:

/usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh -v 13

https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/postgresql-common/-/blob/master/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh

(Unfortunately, buster has only version 200, so you'd need to install
postgresql-common from buster-pgdg first, but if you do that, you have
a trust path from buster via buster-pgdg to PG13 without fetching
random things via wget.)

Christoph