Re: Minor issue

From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>
To: Frank Millman <frank(at)chagford(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Minor issue
Date: 2020-05-26 13:08:01
Lists: psycopg

On 26/05/20, Frank Millman (frank(at)chagford(dot)com) wrote:
> On 2020-05-26 2:11 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> > No, we don't want to add any intelligence in trying to figure out what
> > is into a query. If you are comfortable that you will be using always
> > the same pattern for comments you can easily clean the string yourself
> > before passing it to psycopg.
> >
> > A better approach for you I guess would be to use named placeholders,
> > so that an a missing placeholder wouldn't require you to change the
> > arguments to execute.

> Ok, thanks.
>
> Frank

I must be missing something, because this works for me:

In [28]: d.query("""
...: select
...: 1 as a
...: /*
...: ,2 as b
...: */
...: -- ,'hi' as c
...: ,%s as d
...: """, ("a string", )).results
Out[28]: [Record(a=1, d='a string')]

(d.query is a wrapper around cursor_create, execute and fetchall).

Does using %s instead of {}.format help solve the issue?