Re: 2020-05-14 Press Release Draft

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2020-05-14 Press Release Draft
Date: 2020-05-11 18:01:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 10:08:46PM -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> * Ensure that a detatched partition has triggers that come from its former
> parent removed.

I would have said: "fix for issue which prevented/precluded detaching
partitions which have inherited ROW triggers"

> * Several fixes for `REINDEX CONCURRENTLY`, particular with dealing with issue
> when a `REINDEX CONCURRENTLY` operation fails.

".. in particular relating to an issue ..."

> * Avoid scanning irrelevant timelines during archive recovery, which can
> eliminate attempts to fetch nonexistent WAL files from archive storage.

I feel like this is phrased backwards. The goal is to avoid (attempting to)
fetch nonextant WALs, and the mechanism is by skipping timelines. Maybe:

* Avoid attempting to fetch nonexistent WAL files from archive storage during
* recovery by skipping irrelevant timelines.

--
Justin