Re: full text

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Roberto Della Pasqua <roberto(dot)dellapasqua(at)live(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: full text
Date: 2020-04-09 14:41:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

* Roberto Della Pasqua (roberto(dot)dellapasqua(at)live(dot)com) wrote:
> Please sorry because I'm newbie of PGSQL

We all were, once upon a time. :)

> I need the best performing and overall quality full-text search, can be possible to have the data stored in pgsql and the index to elasticsearch? Can be in sync between?
[...]
> Btw. Do you suggest another engine than elastic?

PG's got some rather good built-in full-text search capabilities, you
really should consider them before you look to something outside of PG,
since you'd then have, as you say, to deal with sync'ing things between
the database and something external, not to mention having to run an
additional service on top of already running PG.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/textsearch.html

Thanks,

Stephen